- I am bored!
- I hate history and I have the exams tomorrow!
- Been 2 hours I am studying but I don’t remember anything!
- I have so much to complete. How will I ever be able to do it?
- I never could stick to my study schedule! No point in making one.
Yes, You know what? Your brain and mind is crazy! It requires a little discipline to be able to use them optimally. Just a little discipline and you probably can study more in less time and enjoy more playing. How? Follow the Pizza technique to study.
|Study like eating a Pizza!|
- Set aside a SET time every day for studies. Say 4 PM to 5 PM or whatever works with you. This time is for studies and at this time, it’s just studies and nothing else.
- Study in the blocks of 20 minutes each. 20 minutes is a good duration to study focused.
- Take short breaks (5 mins) after every 20 mins focused study time.
- Rehearse and Revise – Repetition is a mother of learning.
- Setting aside a fixed time every day, ensures your brain gets into a habit of learning during that time. It's like we get up every day at the pre-decided time.
- Researchers have found out that 20 mins is the best time to keep brain focused. This duration can go up by practice but 20 mins is good to start with.
- You can choose to do anything during break, just don’t engage into activities that don’t end in 5 mins. E.g. you start playing a game which you kept on “pause” as break ended. Now while you are on the next subject, half of your attention is on remaining game! Play games those end within 5 mins. Hear music, read story book, watch cartoon, eat or whatever that you enjoy and can end within 5 mins.
- Have you seen rechargeable batteries? How do they work? You recharge them once they are exhausted, right? The 5 mins break does the same things to your brain. It recharges your brain cells for next 20 mins study time. It works wonders to remain focused!!!
Interesting! Keep going!